Vancouver Island Mental Health Society tries to hold several events throughout the year. We hold events to raise awareness about our work and mental illness and dollars so we can continue. If you are interested in sponsoring an event, volunteering, or hosting an event yourself, please contact Gillian at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GET LOUD for Mental Health!
Mental Health Awareness Week, May 2 – 8, 2016
Join our campaign here: Get LOUD About Mental Health
Our organization relies on donor support to continue. We also want to spread the word about mental illness misconceptions. Here are some fun ideas that can incorporate both raising awareness and fundraising!
- Host a by donation dinner party and make mental health your conversation topic.
- Have a movie night and show a movie about mental illness: Benny and Joon, Girl Interrupted, We Need to Talk About Kevin, The Hours, Fisher King, and Shutter Island are a few that come to mind!
- Have a Bake Sale and sell cookies for mental health!
- Mow some lawns – spring is here and that grass is growing fast. Help your neighbor out!
- Hike for Pledges – get some fresh air and go for a hike – Mt. Benson, Ammonite Falls and Westwood Lake are some close to home idea.
- Just talk about it. Talk about mental health. #GetLoud
6th Annual Charity Golf Tournament
Friday, August 19, 2016
6th Annual Golf Tournament benefitting VIMHS at Fairwinds Golf Club.
For more information, click here.
*We are looking for volunteers for this event: email@example.com
Mental Wellth Gala
More information coming soon!
November 29, 2016 – Happening the Tuesday right after Black Friday and Cyber Monday, two major days for commerce, Giving Tuesday is a national day dedicated to giving! It’s a day when Canadian charities, businesses, and individuals come together for one simple purpose: to celebrate giving and give back. Join the movement!